To apply for a place at Hovingham Primary School you can:

  • contact our school directly; or
  • make an application to Leeds City Council admissions department.

Decisions about applications for places at Hovingham School are made by Leeds City Council admissions department, not by the school itself.

In school, we have a designated admissions officer, Mrs Dita Nedopilova, who can support you through the application process.

We welcome visits from parents considering applying for a place for their child.  If you would like a school tour, simply call us to make an appointment.

Further general information about starting school in Leeds is available here >>

Entry to Reception Classes

In Leeds, children start school at the beginning of the September after their fourth birthday.  Leeds City Council Children’s Services allocate places at Hovingham Primary School.

Please Note: the application process for September 2017 closed on 15th January 2017. If you have missed the deadline for applying you should contact Leeds City Council Children’s Services on: 0113 2224414.

Further information and the latest Leeds School Admissions Policy can be obtained by clicking here >>

Transferring Schools

If you wish to transfer school or are applying for a school place other than starting primary or secondary school for the first time you need to approach the school you wish to apply for directly.

The school will give you a form to complete or you can complete an in-year transfer form. You need to return the completed form to the school either in person or by post.

If the school is able to offer you a place, you will receive a letter confirming this from the school.

If the school is unable to offer you a place the Admissions Team will contact you in writing to let you know about the other schools in your area and any vacancies at these schools.

You will have the right of appeal to an independent panel for the school you have been refused. If you want more information about the appeals process please go the related page Admissions Appeals. 

You must apply for a school place using the address where your child lives for the majority of the time.

Contact us if you have any further queries >>