Free school meals are available to all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. They are also available to some older children according to family income. It’s important to register for entitlement to free school meals, even if your child has a packed lunch or is in a younger class – this is so we can receive additional funding (called the pupil premium) which we can use to help your child.
Children are entitled to Free School Meals if their parents, carers or guardians receive any of the following:
- Income support
- Income-Based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance
- The Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit (Guarantee Credit)
- Support under part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, if you have an annual taxable income (as assessed by H M Revenue and Customs) which does not exceed £16,190
To find out if your child qualifies for free school meals, and for any help or advice, please contact the school office who will support you.