- ensure the strategic direction for Hovingham is aligned to with the whole school vision, values and core purpose.
- identify priorities through self assessment to form the school development plan
- lead the team to ensure the school development plan is translated into robust actions which can be monitored and evaluated to ensure continued school improvement.
- curriculum planning is appropriately sequenced and cohesive and aligned to the NC expectations and the Hovingham curriculum intentions
- ensure teachers development and strengths are quickly identified so that professional development is targeted appropriately
- develop a team of specialists
- hold teachers to account so that they meet professional standards and deliver the intended curriculum.
Hovingham’s Curriculum Impact
The principal will:
The leadership team will:
- ensure curriculum planning is appropriately sequenced and cohesive
- be specialists in the primary curriculum
- monitor the effectiveness of curriculum delivery and impact
- evaluate resources and approaches so that they are aligned with Hovingham’s over-arching aims and implementation model
- track the progress of all pupil groups and respond if intervention is needed
- work alongside teachers and support staff to ensure the quality of education is not compromised.
- support and champion subject leaders and demonstrate best practice
- subject leaders will be knowledgeable, a champion for the discipline and a motivating influence on others.
- assess and report impact as part of an ongoing self assessment.
Class teachers will:
- Plan a sequence of learning which enables all pupils to gain the intended knowledge and skills
- support and scaffold pupils according to need
- provide memorable and meaningful lessons which promote a love for learning
- ensure resources are used effectively and purposefully to fulfil the aims of the sequence of learning.
- use Hovingham’s implementation model effectively
- integrate quality texts and quality oracy opportunities so that all pupils can read and talk to learn.
- Capture learning creatively
- Assess progress and ensure end points are met
- Provide a learning environment which is aligned to Hovingham’s values.
Support staff will:
- Know and understand the sequence of learning
- Know and understand the key knowledge, skills and vocabulary
- Provide quality interactions with pupils to support the learners and deep their understanding
- Use the oracy tools effectively within lessons
- Support the maintenance of a ready, respectful and safe classroom environment.