At Hovingham Primary School, like most schools in Leeds, we use Catering Leeds to provide our school meal service. Cooked meals, including a vegetarian option, are prepared daily in our kitchen and children are offered a choice of main courses and desserts. Salads and fruit are always available. Catering Leeds provides food which meets national Food Standards criteria.
The cost of a school meal is £2.40 per day.
Family – Style Dining
To promote relationships and personal development we have family-style dining experience. This approach promotes a sense of community and social interaction. Our staff team promote good table manners and conversation.
View our Menus
Free School Meals
Free school meals are available to all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. They are also available to some older children according to family income. It’s important to register for entitlement to free school meals, even if your child has a packed lunch or is in a younger class – this is so we can receive additional funding (called the pupil premium) which we can use to help your child.
Children are entitled to Free School Meals if their parents, carers or guardians receive any of the following:
- Income support
- Income-Based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance
- The Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit (Guarantee Credit)
- Support under part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, if you have an annual taxable income (as assessed by H M Revenue and Customs) which does not exceed £16,190
To find out if your child qualifies for free school meals, and for any help or advice, please contact the school office who will support you.
At Hovingham we promote a healthy packed lunch, a healthy packed lunch should include:
- at least one, but no more than two, portions of starchy food – bread, pasta,
- one portion of protein
- at least one portion of vegetables
- one portion of fruit
- one portion of dairy
- Drinks are water only.